Location: Luton, South East England GB
Job Number: 4505
Position Title: Data Analyst
Data Engineer - Luton 2 days a week.
Do you want to join the world's largest recruitment Company? Randstad is building a Google Cloud data architecture from the ground up, and we are at the beginning of that process and need your support.
We are a multinational human resources consulting firm specialising in temporary and permanent recruitment, including contract staffing of professionals and senior managers.
We have a great opportunity to join our team based on Capability Green in Luton.
The Data Engineer will work within a small team focused on building the infrastructure, data pipelines and visualisations needed to support the reporting requirements of the business.
The jobholder will be able to interpret and understand business needs and will be required to be hands-on building the required data technology stack. They will also be required to build data pipelines and ETL processes using a variety of technologies to create meaningful data sets and data objects.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Create and maintain data pipelines.
- Create and maintain data storage.
- Assemble scalable and reusable data sets that meet business requirements.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modeling.
- Combine raw information from different sources.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Google Cloud Platform and AWS data technologies.
- Build reports and visualisations using a variety of tools.
- Interpret trends and patterns
- Conduct complex data analysis and report on results.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Writing technical documentation as required.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Troubleshooting & Continuous Improvement to provide technical guidance to resolve issues
- Conforming with the information security policies.
- Reporting any information security incidents and improvements.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Demonstrate experience of successfully contributing and collaborating on large projects in a strategic & complex but agile environment.
- Attention to detail and ability to critically evaluate information.
- Evidence of strong stakeholder engagement skills with a proven track record of engaging and managing multiple stakeholders.
- Proven problem-solving skills with the ability to form well thought out conclusions and recommendations.
- Be able to self manage workload and prioritise according to demands placed on timelines.
- Previous experience as a data engineer or in a similar role.
- Ability to design and implement data flows/pipelines and transformations.
- Technical expertise with data models, data mining, and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python) is desirable.
- Hands-on experience with SQL database design and writing SQL queries..
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce and Salesforce Einstein.
- Hands-on experience with visualisation tools like Tableau or Data Studio.
- Hands-on experience of using Google Cloud Platform including Big Query is desirable.
- Hands-on experience of using Google Cloud Platform for ETL is desirable.
- Great numerical and analytical skills.
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or similar field.
- Data engineering certification is a plus.
We are an inclusive employer and should you require any reasonable adjustments in order to complete any aspect of the recruitment process, please contact the Internal Talent Acquisition (ITA) team.
Randstad values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
If this position is of interest to yourself or someone in your networks please feel free to apply!
State: South East England
Community / Marketing Title: Data Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Luton, South East England GB